Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Tabraiz
Instagram has become a world all its own. It offers many features that will help you grow your business while spending more time on the app. The Explore tab is often the first thing that users click on when they open Instagram, but others don’t know what it means.
This guide will explain how to use this Instagram feature to reach millions of people.
What is the Explore tab?
The Explore tab, like most Instagram features has undergone a series of changes since its inception as the Popular page.
The Explore tab now selects Instagram users images and videos based on their search history. It also considers the type of content that attracts their attention and triggers them to respond. There is an advanced algorithm hidden beneath all the content on your timeline, and on the Explore tab.
This software is based on programming and keeps you interested in the most interesting content. With endlessly engaging content, the Explore tab can keep users engaged for long periods of time.
Let’s take a look at the Explore tab now that we know what it is.
The page’s content is organized and categorized.
1. Places – This tab will bring up a collection of photos and videos that will delight your eyes. This content is often associated with a specific location you are close to or have expressed interest in. This is the place to be if you love to travel and learn about new cultures and places.
2. Tags – In simple terms, tags can be described as content identifiers. They make it easier for users to search Instagram for what they are looking for. This can come in the form hashtags or any other identifiers.
3. Accounts – This is what most Instagram users believe the Explore tab is about. It is a place to search for accounts. Instagrammers have the ability to be very specific in their search and find their favourite celebrities, brands and friends.
4. Suggested – This group contains suggested images and videos that you can use. These suggestions are not random, but are curated from your engagement records as well as your interests. Instagram keeps track of your engagements and takes notes of what you like, respond to, and any other forms of engagement in order to better serve you.
Additional features in the Explore tab
1. Categories: Instagram categorizes its content into these categories
TV & Movies
Science & Tech
There are 13 more reasons that average users should stay on the app. This feature was introduced in 2018 and has helped to deliver personalized content ever since.
2. Top Contents: This page displays nine of most popular images and videos for specific content. These contents are not only popular but also relevant to you.
3. This section is recommended for you. It contains a selection of content the system thinks you might find interesting, based on your search history and registered interests. It displays the result in chronological order. When it is exhausted, it will display ‘All caught-up’ on the screen.
What’s New on Instagram’s Explore Page?
Instagram Stories – The tab now features Stories from accounts that you don’t follow. These contents may have some similarities with Stories you already view and interact with.
The Explore tab allows brands to take their Stories to multiple screens around the globe.
Shopping Channel – Shopping is something that Instagram wants to promote. It all started with Shopping Reels. Now we have Shopping Channels. It’s just one of the many ways Instagram has brought its market to shops and other more accessible places.
These shops offer a variety of product types and are located in diverse niches.
It’s easy to shop from brands you don’t follow by placing it on the Explore tab. Instagrammers are able to easily find your products.
How does the Explore tab impact your business
The algorithm does the majority of the work and has some method to it. It uses a method that is different for each user, according to research and experimentation.
Users who like and react to your posts increase the likelihood of it appearing on their Explore tabs or those of their followers. Your brand will appear in more Explore tabs if there are more people who show interest in your posts.
It is possible to improve brand visibility by getting your content onto the page. But it is not easy. This add-on can only be leveraged if you engage your audience. It ripples down to their followers.
Methods to gain more spots on Explore
Expand the scope of your content It’s easy for people to assume that Instagram Live is responsible for most engagements. However, these things can be unpredictable. There are many generalizations about user trends that are true, but they may not be applicable to you.
Play all shades of content, use all features but be cautious. Engaging videos are easy to make, live whenever possible, and you can use geotags and hashtags when appropriate.
You will have a greater chance of being featured in Explore tabs.
Get to know your audience. The Explore tab focuses on relevant and popular content, as we mentioned earlier. You’ll be more likely to create content that is popular if you are familiar with the interests of your followers.
This knowledge can only be gained through experience and by studying your followers to recognize patterns. Click Here
You can check your analytics to see how your posts are performing. These insights and metrics are how you get to know your audience.