Last Updated on March 25, 2023 by Tabraiz
Twitter is one of the most used platforms to express views, share opinions and experiences, etc. This platform is used for micro-blogging which allows its users to post short tweets. Speaking about the present situation, it has about 396.6 million users across the globe. It’s safe to say Twitter holds the power to drive massive traffic to your website.
But how can leverage Twitter with WordPress website traffic? Let’s find out.
Website builders are constantly looking for creative ways to boost user engagement. By embedding Twitter feeds on your website, you can showcase your brand and what it stands for. You create a sense of trust by portraying your social media presence on your website. User-generated content plays a crucial role when it comes to trust building.
Leverage Twitter UGC in your website and boost your interaction. Visitors who are not aware of your Twitter presence can hit the follow button if they like your Twitter content. And people who are active on Twitter can engage with your website even more.
Embed Twitter Feed with Social Media Aggregator
Let’s have a look at the step-wise guide for embedding Twitter Feed on your WordPress Website.
Social Media aggregator platforms like Taggbox are used to provide you with highly responsive widgets which can be embedded in any website. These platforms offer you full control over designing and personalizing your widget as per your requirements.
Step 1: Incorporate Twitter Feed
- Create or sign in to your Social Media Aggregator account.
- Click “Add Social Feeds”, and select “Twitter” as your source platform.
- Choose from various connection types. You can curate content by hashtag, mention, geolocation, list, favorites, etc.
- Once done, the platform will aggregate the content and display it in your editor panel.
Step 2: Customize and Design your Widget
These platforms offer you authority over personalizing and designing your widget. You can choose from various free themes and layouts to make your widget look more appealing.
Themes – Have a look at the various themes provided on the platform, select the theme that suits your website layout the best and take full advantage of theme amazing, responsive and fast-loading themes.
Customize – With the customization feature you have the option to explore through various ways and develop a personal and relevant widget. Utilize, update or add banner, CTA, on-site upload option, card style, and custom CSS to align your widget with your website.
Moderation – Eliminate any irrelevant or explicit content from your widget and display only the desired content on your website. Use the profanity filter, to take out words or phrases that are not appropriate or relevant to your website content.
Step 3: Generate the embed code
- You can preview the overall look and feel of your widget before publishing it. Once done with all the necessary changes if required click “Publish”
- On the next page choose your CMS website building platform as “WordPress”
- Adjust the width and height of your widget.
- Copy the code generated below
Step 4: Embed in WordPress
Log in to your WordPress account and go to the editor page. Apply any changes made, select the webpage or section where you wish to embed the widget, and paste the copied code. That’s it! You have your Twitter Feed widget on your WordPress website.
2. Embed Twitter Feed with WordPress Plugin
Step 1: Install the Plugin
- Download the plugin of your choice from the WordPress Directory.
- Upload the plugin on your WordPress account in the plugin section
- Activate the plugin to make it functional
Step 2: Embed Twitter posts on WordPress
- Find your widget and tap on the copy button.
- Copy the shortcode and paste it where you wish to embed the widget in your webpage.
Another way to do so is:
- Go to the desired webpage
- Click on the (+) button and choose your widget
- Paste the shortcode and preview the widget.
- Adjust the height and width of your widget
- Click “Publish” and voila!
3. Twitter self embed
Twitter allows you to embed posts directly from the platform.
- Log in to your Twitter account
- Choose the tweet you wish to embed
- Go to the menu in the top right corner
- Select “Embed Post”
- You will be redirected to the Twitter publish website
- Copy the code generated there.
- Paste this code into your WordPress backend editor.
Well, that is all you need to do. However, as easy as it sounds this option comes with its own drawbacks. Twitter only allows one tweet embedding option as of now, you cannot embed multiple tweets in one go. You are required to follow the steps for each and every Tweet you wish you embed.
Creating an entire Twitter feed would not only make your code too complex and large but also take up a lot of your time and effort. This option can be used to embed a few review tweets to take advantage of UGC and build trust among visitors.
You can use other methods to create an entire widget with your Twitter feed and embed them on your WordPress website effortlessly.
With about 180 million active users on a daily basis, Twitter has the potential to build a huge customer base and reach out to a massive audience. In this blog, we have talked about the various methods that can be used to leverage Twitter Feeds on your WordPress website.
By adding Twitter Feed to your WordPress website you can harness the power of an appealing website by encouraging visitors to stay on the website. Enhancing dwell time can bring up high conversion rates.
By offering innovative, responsive, and interactive widgets to your WordPress website you not only boost your user engagement but also build trust within visitors which ultimately chips into your brand’s overall success and growth.