Last Updated on March 28, 2023 by Tabraiz
Proper strategies are necessary to achieve a better ranking for your website. But how hard is that? Certainly not if you have SEO experts to help optimize your website for maximum results. But any idea how you rank well in Google’s search results?
Achieving better ranking is simple if you know Google website ranking factors. Understanding these factors can greatly assist in optimizing your site. Want to know the factors that determine Google’s ranking? Keep reading on to explore.
What are the ranking factors of Google?
Google has aimed to arrange all the data so that it is available all across the world. Google considers over than 200 ranking factors before ranking a website. These ranking factors lead to organically higher rankings in search results. The organic ranking on Google is determined by an algorithm.
Types of ranking factors
Google’s ranking factors can be divided into three categories. Consider the following points:
- Off-page factors: Google measures these outside your website. It includes backlinks.
- On-page factors: Google also measures keywords and the content quality of your website known as on-page ranking factors.
- Technical ranking factors: Google does not rate pages individually but rather rates your site’s overall performance. It falls under the technical ranking factors.
The top Google ranking factors you must know
Getting a better ranking for your website is worthwhile. Ultimately, it helps your business grow. It is, therefore, crucial to understand what determines your website’s ranking. Hence, consider the following points.
- Publish quality content regularly: Content is king. That’s why posting high-quality articles regularly can boost the ranking of your website. Millions of people do research on the internet before publishing relevant and engaging content on the website.
Hence, designing and publishing excellent content has always been a powerful tool for ranking better.
What is the importance of quality content?
Google tracks the behavior of every user visiting your website. When your bounce rate rises, it means your content isn’t relevant to your audience. Google will not award high rankings.
- Website Speed: Website speed is a performance metric that determines whether the website is user-friendly or not. Google also believes that a website’s speed determines its effectiveness. In addition, all elements of your website must load fast to create a positive user experience. Ultimately, slow-loading websites are likely to lose visitors. Your website’s ranking will suffer due to a higher bounce rate.
- Proper usage of keywords: You can only make your website visible when you optimize it with relevant keywords. Orelse, it is impossible for potential clients to find the website on SERPs. You should, however, refrain from stuffing your pages with keywords. Hence, be careful when choosing keywords. You can also place the keywords in the Meta title tags.
However, while placing your keywords, they shouldn’t hinder readability. Are the keywords working as expected? In what ways can you check this? Of course, the providers of SEO services in India can certainly help. This way, the performance of keywords can be monitored.
Read More: https://www.futuristicbug.com/service/seo/
- An appropriate link structure: Making sure your website has the right link structure is also very important. To build inbound links, blog posts on high-authority websites must refer to your site. It is important to receive backlinks from well-known sites to increase your site’s authority. Moreover, internal and outbound links are equally important to improve the ranking of your website.
- Dwell time: Are you aware of how long visitors stay on your site? It is another factor that greatly affects your website’s Google website ranking. Google analyzes the time visitors spend on your website. Because of this, you should create a website that is engaging enough for visitors to find what they need. This will naturally increase the time spent on your website. Furthermore, it will reduce the bounce rate. As a result, you can expect a positive impact on your website’s ranking.
- Website authority: Domain authority measures the relevance of your website within a particular field. It is one of the most important ranking factors. Thus, you must know how to increase your domain authority. Building links is one of the best ways to build domain authority for your website. Apart from that, excellent content in your specific field will certainly boost your website authority.
- Crawlability of your website: If there are any crawling issues, your website may not rank well. What is crawling in the first place? In the simplest terms, it refers to a search engine’s capacity to crawl the content on a page. When your website is crawlable, access to the content becomes easier. To secure a good ranking, fix all crawlability issues of your website.
- The structure of your content: What if visitors find your content difficult to read. Is it beneficial to your website’s ranking on search engines? Certainly not. Developing relevant content will not solve the problem. It must be structured properly.
Always use appropriate headings and subheadings. Be sure to pay attention to other important points, such as word limits for blogs. Extending the length of your blog may not improve your website’s ranking. Moreover, you can also use HTML tags.
- Mobile-friendliness: Sites that are easy to access from smartphones are now given high rankings by Google. Mobile traffic is also on the rise with the increasing number of smartphone users.
Therefore, the majority of visitors to your website are smartphone users. Therefore, your website has to be responsive. A responsive website is, after all, user-friendly and accessible from any device. Having such a website will certainly improve the ranking of your site.
Your website’s ranking is important. Visibility improvements allow visitors to easily discover a high-ranking website. Understanding and knowing the ranking factors of Google is therefore crucial. It is one of the most practical methods for improving the ranking of your website. Your business must be widely known to grow and it is possible only when your website is ranked higher by Google. So, do take these factors into account when planning your SEO strategy.
Apart from this, if you want to know about Why SEO Matters For A Business Website then please visit our Business category