Last Updated on March 18, 2023 by Tabraiz
Packaging that is custom-made meets the company’s specific needs rather than using pre-made boxes or packages. Custom packaging boxes and printed boxes are available at https://thepackagingpro.com/. Packages can be customized by changing their shape, size, style, colors, materials, varnish, and other requirements. This guide is all about custom packaging boxes in detail.
Types of Custom Packaging Boxes
Custom boxes come in the following types, depending on your business:
1. Shipping boxes
Shipping boxes are typically made of corrugated cardboard, either B flute or C flute. Boxes ship large, heavy products, such as food, electronics, and fabrics. The stackable nature of shipping boxes makes them ideal for storing goods in warehouses. Assembling them requires more effort and taping.
2. The Mailer box
Glue and tape are not required to assemble paperboard boxes because they have interlocking tabs and dust flaps. There are two kinds of corrugated cardboard used in mailer boxes: E flute (1/16″) and B flute (1/8″). In comparison to other types of paperboard packaging, this box is more durable and damage-resistant thanks to its double sidewalls.
A variety of custom-printed boxes and custom packaging solutions are available from the Custom Printed Boxes to meet the needs of industries and products. The use of mailer boxes is ideal for packaging gifts and retail products. In addition, subscription boxes and other promotional materials can be printed on them.
3. Boxes for products
It is common to see product boxes on retail shelves in various sizes and shapes. These are usually made of paperboard printed with images before being folded, glued, and cut.
Finished products are delivered unassembled to customers. Assembling the boxes and filling them with saleable products are the first steps. The folding carton is used to package beauty products, alcohol, and luxury goods. It is the folding carton that is the lightest when it comes to custom boxes. Additionally, they can be filled, sealed, and shipped easily.
4. The Setup boxes
There is a unique type of product box called a rigid setup box, which comprises two pieces. The product is held inside one piece, whereas the lid is on the other. Boxes like this are commonly used in high-end product packaging, including cell phones, jewelry, and watches. A rigid box can be completely customized to reflect your brand’s voice and objectives.
What is the process of making custom packaging boxes?
- Paperboard SBS (solid bleached sulfate) is a whiteboard made of virgin fibers. You can choose between coated and uncoated versions. The fact that it is usually flat and light makes it ideal for printing. Hot foil stamping, embossing, and cutting are all simple processes. High-end packaging materials are suitable for pharmaceuticals, retail, and other high-end applications. thePackagingPro offers a wide variety of customized packaging boxes and printed box products to suit your products and industries.
- In the middle of a corrugated board is fluted paper, a laminated paperboard. As a result of the fluted paper, the box is cushioned, which protects the main item inside. You can choose between single-wall and double-wall constructions based on the fragility of your product.
Cost of custom packaging boxes
Standard boxes cost less than custom boxes. Many costs are associated with different kinds of boxes, materials, dimensions, and custom box designs. If more material or color is used in the box, it will be more expensive. For the most part, prices are determined by quantity, not printing techniques.
Customers usually assemble custom-printed boxes before packaging after they receive them flat. You may need help assembling the boxes when you order a large quantity.
Benefits of custom packaging boxes
- Packages increase brand awareness, add value to the customer experience, and improve customer satisfaction. Packaging plays a crucial role in today’s world, where people are seeking unique and customizable products. The prospect of boring and generic packages is likely to turn the customer off and leave much to be desired.
- A better packaging experience creates a better customer experience, similar to what we discussed above. It is very important to create and design packaging that makes the customer feel special and happy. It will leave them feeling like something is missing if the package is ugly, generic, and boring.
- It is a great option to use custom packaging when you have a product with a unique shape or one that is more prone to breaking during shipping.
Branded and custom packaging boxes have several benefits that set your product apart. Nonetheless, there are other factors to consider, such as how many custom package prints you want, the price associated with designing the printing plates, and so on. Printing is still a complicated industry despite the wonder and magic it can create.